I call it Pritty bank.
We wonder how would we be able to save when we have loads of resposibilities, expected and unexpected expenditures. Some times it seems tough when we put all this together.
Well, the key is.. a Pritty Bank for your 'Expected expenditures'. Now what is this.. its an envelop I have in my living room. the cover of it has a picture of thing i desire to purchase. Its there in my desk (locked). Every day I come back from office, I donate myself for my desires ( Indeed its good specially when we're paid for all the hard work we do at office; daily).
Now the moment this amount reaches 2000/-. I save it in a bank for a target I have .. say 20k.
Its easy when things are enveloped. This is an old money management system quiet often talked about on different blogs and posts I've read. One of which I'd like to share. It talks about the same thing, in a different context all-together. There's a post by Lynn Brem, who talks about a good concept at Take Back your brain. All it talks about are methods of using Marketing strategies as a boost to pursude us to save.
We have always in someway or the other exposed to Marketing strategies. There are advertisements, posters, blog ads, online ads, emails etc which keep us informed or I prefer saying exposed to new items and gadgets. Seldom what we actually realize is it actually introduces a new idea for us. I am sure we have all seen Airtel's adds. The strategy used is simple, it reflects our day-to-day working. where we forget to maybe pay our bills and there we are; advised to pay the bill directly from the phone itself. Now there are two things we need to grasp. One is that we need to pay the bill and so; another option of doing the same. And another; the add repeats itself after every, say 20 mins. Now what! its not a reminder; Its a marketing technique which is used. Repeated visualization of images which would help our brain to learn the whole add. Un-noticingly we start visualizing this even when out or at office.
Now this visualization technique can be well easily used for our so called 'Personal Marketing'. How.. I'll try to put it way simple to understand.
Lets try this. You wanted a new HONDA CITY! Wooh! I'd surely like to have one. Maybe not right now but surely later. Now how do I help myself reach this goal? Simple. The old envelop system. All I need to do is the following.
Take back your brain gives you wonderful ideas of advertising or marketing to yourself like the envelope ad just discribed. It also answeres to queries of people who may ask for better or more personal ideas of teaching oneself.
We have always in someway or the other exposed to Marketing strategies. There are advertisements, posters, blog ads, online ads, emails etc which keep us informed or I prefer saying exposed to new items and gadgets. Seldom what we actually realize is it actually introduces a new idea for us. I am sure we have all seen Airtel's adds. The strategy used is simple, it reflects our day-to-day working. where we forget to maybe pay our bills and there we are; advised to pay the bill directly from the phone itself. Now there are two things we need to grasp. One is that we need to pay the bill and so; another option of doing the same. And another; the add repeats itself after every, say 20 mins. Now what! its not a reminder; Its a marketing technique which is used. Repeated visualization of images which would help our brain to learn the whole add. Un-noticingly we start visualizing this even when out or at office.
Now this visualization technique can be well easily used for our so called 'Personal Marketing'. How.. I'll try to put it way simple to understand.
Lets try this. You wanted a new HONDA CITY! Wooh! I'd surely like to have one. Maybe not right now but surely later. Now how do I help myself reach this goal? Simple. The old envelop system. All I need to do is the following.
- Designate an envelop for 'Honda City' (or whatever your dream/aim is).
- Find a beautiful picture of your dream (Honda) and paste it on the cover of envelop.
- I'd add it by adding my own picture and pasting it on the car's picture giving it a visualization of me owing it.
- Now All I do is designate a daily/weekly/monthly amount and accumulate it in the envelop.
- Sure Its not going to be enough for a Honda city. So I choose to sweep in the cash to my back accoun once the amount reaches a specific target.
Take back your brain gives you wonderful ideas of advertising or marketing to yourself like the envelope ad just discribed. It also answeres to queries of people who may ask for better or more personal ideas of teaching oneself.
From now on iam going to implement this Envelope System, Thank You.
ReplyDelete